Sometimes you just want your nails back to their natural state. Maybe you’re going on vacation and want to take a break from polish or maybe you’re just not feeling that color anymore.
You may be wondering how to remove them at home. Luckily, it’s not as difficult as it may seem. Here’s a step-by-step guide to removing gel nails polish at home.
What are Gel Nails?
Gel nails are a type of manicure that uses a gel polish. The gel polish is cured under a UV or LED light, which helps to harden and set the polish.
Gel nails are more durable than traditional manicures, and they can last for up to two weeks without chipping.
Gel nails are also available in a variety of colors and designs, making them a popular choice for special occasions. However, gel nails require professional removal, and they can be damaging to the natural nails if they are not removed properly.
Related Article : 10 Tips For Strong And Healthy Nails
5 ways to remove gel nail polish
So you’ve decided to take off your gel nail polish at home. Luckily, it’s not too difficult to do. By follow these step. You’ve successfully removed your gel nail polish at home.
1. Use Drilling Machine
What you need ; drilling machine, coarse file, acetone, cotton swap
One option is to take them off with a drilling machine. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Start by filing your nails down with a coarse file. This will help break up the gel polish and make it easier to remove.
- Next, use a drill bit to slowly and carefully drill through the gel polish. Start at the edge of your nail and work your way towards the center.
- Once you’ve drilled through the gel polish, use a cotton swab or Q-tip dipped in acetone to remove any remaining polish from your nails.
- Finish up by buffing your nails and applying a new coat of nail polish, if desired.
2. Use Acetone
What you need; acetone, cotton ball, aluminium foil
Acetone is a very effective way to remove gel nails polish but it can also be very drying on your nails.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to removing gel nail polish at home:
- Begin by filing your nails with a glass file to roughen up the surface of the gel polish.
- Soak a cotton ball in acetone, and press it against your nail then wrap your finger in aluminum foil so that the cotton ball is secure. Wait 10-15 minutes, to allow the acetone to penetrate the gel polish. then remove the foil and cotton ball
- Using a wooden cuticle pusher, gently push the softened gel polish off of your nails.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to remove any residual acetone, and then apply a nourishing hand cream to help hydrate your skin.
3. Use a Salt Water
What you need; warm water, salt, cotton ball, acetone-free nail polish remover, nail file
Removing gel nail polish at home is easier than you might think – and all you need is a little salt and warm water. Here’s how to do it:
- Soak a cotton ball in acetone-free nail polish remover and apply it to your gel nails.
- Place your nails in a bowl of warm water and add 1/4 cup of salt. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Using a nail file or orange stick, gently push the gel polish off your nails. If it’s resistant, soak for another 5 minutes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water to remove any residue, then apply a moisturizing hand cream.
4. Use a Gel Polish Remover
What you need; gel polish remover, cotton pad or cotton ball, orangewood stick
Start by filing your nails down slightly. This will help the remover to penetrate the polish and break it down faster.
Next, soak a cotton pad in the remover and press it onto your nail for a few minutes.
After a few minutes, you should be able to gently rub the polish off with the pad.If there are any stubborn areas of polish remaining, you can use a stick or nail brush to gently scrub them away.
Once all of the polish has been removed, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water to remove any residue. And that’s it!
5. Peel it off
The easiest way to remove gel nail polish is to simply peel it off.
Start at the edge of your nails and work your nails under the polish until it comes off.
This method is quick and easy, but it can damage your nails if you’re not careful. If you want to avoid damaging your nails
When it comes to removing gel nail polish, there are a few different methods you can use. You can go to a salon and have them professionally removed, or you can do it at home.
Removing gel nails polish at home is easy and only takes a few minutes. With these 5 methods, you’ll have your nails looking natural again in no time!